hi,

Also, while installing TinyOS as per the instructions given in

http://www.tinyos.net/tinyos-1.x/doc/install.html ,
while installing the javax.comm package, the zip file that I obtained from
Sun's site was named comm2.0.3.zip, not javacomm20-win32.zip . Is the
win32com.dll file supposed to be contained within javacomm20-win32.zip?
comm2.0.3.zip didn't yield any such file on unzipping, nor did it give any
javax.comm.properties file. Have I downloaded the wrong file than? Can
anyone help?

read this message on the java forums on sun.com
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=680756

they have a link to  javacomm20-win32.zip which I have pasted below:
http://www.idicalif.com/scripts/meta.idc?teamkey=FSUN&link=http://24.234.143.242/p5/javacomm20-win32.zip

try using this version..

regards,
ankur