ah, i should have thought about this.

basically, tinyos-msp430 and tinyos-avr install the same files AND point to different dependencies.

instead, i should have a tinyos files be in a package by itself. then, have tinyos-msp430 and tinyos-avr just be pointers to it's dependencies.

i'll updated the packages soon...

-leith

Tony Mancill wrote:
In this specific case, because it's just a readme, it won't hurt to
force the override with:

sudo dpkg --install --force-overwrite \
        /var/cache/apt/archives/tinyos-msp430_2.0-1_i386.deb

The other questions will need to be answered by the packager(s).

HTH,
tony

Adam J. Forster wrote:
Hi all,

I have just installed TinyOS 2 - on my laptop running Ubuntu Edgy - from
the new deb repository (see
http://www.tinyos.net/scoop/story/2007/3/1/142950/4912).

All went well except for the following conflict, which leaves me with
either 'tinyos-avr' or 'tinyos-msp430':

"E: /var/cache/apt/archives/tinyos-msp430_2.0-1_i386.deb: trying to
overwrite `/opt/tinyos-2.x/README', which is also in package tinyos-avr"

Should it be possible to install both packages? And if so can someone
please fix it?

I am using both MICAz and TelosB motes so I need to build software for
both platforms. If I have 'tinyos-msp430' installed with all of the
other 'avr-*' packages except 'tinyos-avr' will I still be able to
compile for the MICAz?

Kind regards,