Aside from the size of the destination address field (16 bits I think)
there is no physical limit to how many re-Motes you can have. However
there is a bandwidth limit. For mica2's I measured about 25 messages
per second max.

For your magnetometer question I have no info, but the sensor's
data sheet might have some clues. I doubt that it will scale to
50 feet if it's only working reliably at <1 ft though...

MS

ankur jain wrote:
Hi all,
I have just started working on tinyos.I am using mica 2 motes and mib-510 gateway.I was wondering whether there is any limit on the no. of motes. with which gatway could be simultaneously connected to. i.e the max. no. of links that a gateway can have at one time.There is no mention of this limit in the tinyos tutorial also. So if anyone could help me on this issue,that would be highly appreciated.
Thnx in advance
Ankur jain