the package names already differentiate them from the other releases.

unfortunately, the files themselves are located on the same path...

------
 processing /var/cache/apt/archives/avr-gcc-tinyos_3.4.3-2_i386.deb
 (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite `/usr/share/man/man1/avr-gcc.1.gz', which is also
 in package gcc-avr
------

to avoid this, i would have to move the folders around, and update any references to them.

i don't mind doing this, but is this out of the scope of package maintenance, and wouldn't this break other things in the process?

any thoughts?

-leith