What information are you looking for exactly?  We have the draft version of
TEP126 which intends to describe the workings of the CC2420 and how the
stack is implemented in 2.x, along with comments and recommendations about
how to add/remove/change functionality.  This document is located at:

http://tinyos.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/tinyos/tinyos-2.x/doc/txt/tep12
6.txt?revision=1.3

The CC2420 stack, as it is right now, may not be optimized for certain types
of applications.  And we realize that.  The intention is to provide
information found in TEP126 so other developers A) don't have to swim
through source code, and B) make changes to the CC2420 stack, with
confidence, to meet their application demands.  The complete workings of the
CC2420 are described in its datasheet:

http://www.chipcon.com/files/CC2420_Data_Sheet_1_3.pdf

If there is something in TEP126 that you feel is left out, let me know and
we'll see about adding it in.

-David

  _____