Hello!

Looking on tinyos 2 source documentation I found this interesting
component for you:

Component: tos.chips.cc1000.CC1000RssiP

or maybe you are working with tinyos 1?

Bye!

Xavi

On 6/29/07, CASTEL Myriam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to obtain the RSSI value with Mica2 motes.
-I programmed a component which stores the strength of a TOSMsg received:
RSSI=*((uint8_t *)recv_packet->strength);
But this doesn't give reasonnable results. I think this method is only
for the micaz? Isn't it?

- In the documentation, I saw that the RSSI was given by the channel 0
in mica2.
I tried to sample channel 0 with in configuration file: MyApp.ADC->
ADCC.ADC[0];
in module file:  event TOS_MsgPtr ReceiveMsg.receive(TOS_MsgPtr recv_packet){
        call ADC.getData();
        return recv_packet;
  }
async event result_t ADC.dataReady(uint16_t data) {
        atomic pack->xData.datap1.value = data;
        post sendMsg();
        return SUCCESS;
}
but the problem is that the mote execute ADC.dataReady even if getData
wasn't called. Maybe I have forgotten some elements as:
call ADC.Control.bindPort(TOS_ADC_CC_RSSI_PORT,TOS_ACTUAL_CC_RSSI_PORT)
or other things.

Can you help me to obtain RSSI value (with channel 0 or other)? If you
have the code to compute RSSI, can you send it to me?

I'm sorry for this question but I'm new and I don't find the answers in
the documentation provided by Crossbow.

Thanks

www.alcim.net
Buscant sempre nous reptes, alguna proposta?