Chonggang Wang wrote:
Yes. Baud rate is bit per second. I set 115200 (115.2 Kbps) in my experiment.

I got 35 Kbps (bit per second) throughput at receiver side.

since 35 is far smaller than 115.2, the bottleneck is not the serial port, it is in air-interface. The MAC in the mote that outputs to serial knows the serial rate is 115Kbps, so that could be affecting what it attempts.

collisions get retried by the radio-stack and MAC code... So like Phil says, backoff explains it, and it is backoff from collisions related to 115kbps top speed....I bet...

John Griessen

Ecosensory     ecosensory.com
Austin Texas