I was talking about the Radio Stack only. This is
based upon using MultihopLQI and SP underneath it.

The Serial port and SF stack, I have no detail knowledge
about since we only use it at a Gateway. My use
of TOSBase has been limited to a packet sniffer
function.

I think the movement of data is causing most of
your delays if you are not using SP's ACK. Loading
and emptying the FIFO is not free, Serial moves may
not be free also if SF does CRC's.

I had packet duplication and other problems, this
is why I looked into the SPI bus timing using
64 byte AM packet sizes.

I do have Logic analyzer logs of this from TmoteSky's.

With MultihopLQI and SP lowpower a lot of things
happen to packets from mote to Gateway.

francis

Chonggang Wang wrote:
Thanks a lot, Francis. "Default 802.15.4 ACK is in software" - do you mean the ACK implemented in SerialForwarder (SF) or else? I noticed there is ACK and CRC in net.tinyos.tools.Packetizer, which is invoked by SF.
By the way, I was wondering why Packetizer implements CRC since CC2420 already
has 2420?

Sincerely,
Chonggang