Hi,

I have been trying to get the Collection-example in tutorial 12 to work without success. Problem is that the root-node doesn't receive messages from other nodes.

I'm using Mica2 and currently I've tested with three nodes in different roles. The hardware should be ok as the examples using AMSender and receiver work properly.

I tried to debug by changing the sendMessage and sendDone -functions to toggle a led whenever it sends something:

sendMessage:
else {
sendBusy = TRUE;
call Leds.led1On();
}

Send.sendDone:
sendBusy = FALSE;
call Leds.led1Off();

This way the sending node would just turn led 1 on, so my conclusion is that the first packet never arrives at root and the other nodes are just trying to retransmit it. The error-led doesn't light up at any time.

I'm using
nescc: 1.2.9
gcc: i686-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5367)
and TinyOS-build is from CVS.

When compiling, I get three "control may reach end of non-void function ... being inlined"-warnings and four times the warning "tos/lib/net/ctp/CtpForwardingEngineP.nc:656: warning: 'gradient' may be used uninitialized in this function" from different lines of that file.

I played also with the TestNetwork-example and ended up not getting it to work either.

If anyone has experienced similar problems, I'd be glad to share experiences. Especially with OSX-users, as it was not so easy to get the development environment to work.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

  Risto Hietala