This issue was discussed last week sometime:

http://mail.millennium.berkeley.edu/pipermail/tinyos-help/2007-August/027529.html
http://mail.millennium.berkeley.edu/pipermail/tinyos-help/2007-August/027528.html

The basic conclusion was that LPL hasn't been formally integrated with
the Collection or Dissemination protocols yet, so problems using them
together may still exist.

Kevin

On 8/31/07, Hristo Bojkov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello nesC coders,
> I am testing collection of data with Lpl.
> The application is looking like Easycollection from the tutorial. I am
> collecting using timer every 20 secs. I've just added few things for Lpl:
> 1. CFLAGS += -DLOW_POWER_LISTENING in makefile
> 2. LowPowerListening wired
> 3. LowPowerListening.setLocalSleepInterval(20000); in receiving for
> initialization
> 4. LowPowerListening.setRxSleepInterval(&msgpacket, 20000) in sending just
> before send
>
> The topology is:
> [node1] ---[node2]---[node3]
> The nodes are at such distance that there is no direct communication between
> node1 and node3.
> Everything works fine, and I have no packet lost. Node2 snoops packets from
> 3 for me.
> Then for no reason I've decided and swap the position of nodes 2 and 3,
> without reset. Just to see how they will recalibrate the routes:
> [node1] ---[node3]---[node2]
> So node1 and node2 to have no direct communication. The interesting thing
> and the problem for me was that after 10 minutes there was no communication
> and I was not receiving the packets node2. After reset of the node3 the
> network get back to normal again, and I was receiving all packets.
>
> My questions are:
> 1. Do I need to write a component to normalize the routes? Or it should be
> done by any ready component from the collection component?
> 2. Where is the problem? In the root of the collection, or in the producers?
>

> If someone is working over Lpl and Collection/Dissemination and can give me
> advice will have one on me.
>
> Hristo Bojkov
>
> Platform: WinXp/Cygwin
> TinyOS: 2.0.2