If you want to measure latency over seven hops, don't send a broadcast
message, send a message addressed to a specific node i.e. always send
to (TOS_NODE_ID + 1), then program each node with successive ids and
measure the time it takes between sending on the first node in the
chain and being received at the end.

Kevin

On 9/10/07, Diego Maldonado <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hello, professors of berkeley
>
> Im Diego Maldonado student of Electronic Enginneer from Colombia,
> Universidad Industrial de Santander ( UIS).
>
> Currently i'm developing my bachelor thesis in  wireless sensor networks
> subject by working with telos B and tmote Sky devices.
>
> I have a doubt regarding to SimpleCmd Application when it is set up with
> Bcast option.
>
> i'm trying to set a latency testbed where there is a mote conected to my
> laptop sending led_on and led_off commands to 7 receivers telos b y tmote
> sky. six of them are programmed  with bcast option and the last one with
> simplecmd (end device), so in theory, i have  7 hops before reach the final
> one.
>
> My question is this: If six of them are programmed to make bcast ..how can i
> know about the order of forwarding packets? I mean, as they are all under
> the same cordinator coverage range , how can I kwow if a command sended from
> the cordinator is  being received for 2 or more bcast motes at the same
> time, which would be a problem because I want the data to hop from the first
> Bcast receiver to the second and then to  3rd one and so on, until reaching
> the final one...so i can register the latenciy caused by going through
> several hops.
>
> I hop you can understand my non-perfect english and I appreciate if you can
> give me a hand with this ....I only have a week to deadline.
>
> thank you very much friends from Berkeley
>
> Diego Armando Maldonado.
>

> --
>  Open WebMail Project (http://openwebmail.org)

~Kevin