There should be no difference between Listen results and display results,
if one changes the other should as well. So I can't explain why you don't
see any new data in the Listen output...

However the Listen output doesn't match the "log" output you show,
beyond what might be a source address of 1. My recent experience with
tmote messages indicates that the first 10 bytes are the telos/AM.h
header, so the bytes after the '7D' should be the payload. Assuming that
such payload is supposed to be a DeltaMsg from
   moteiv/apps/Delta/Delta.h
then you are not getting enough bytes -- you should be getting more than
14 but are only getting 8. And the fields listed in the Multihop log do
not match the names of the DeltaMsg. Also the message type shown in the
Listen output is 0x65 but the delta message type is 33 (0x21).
So again I have no clue about what you are seeing...

I found that using the CountUart demo app (if you can get it to compile)
provided a more straight-forward connection between message and Listen
behavior...

MS

Saif A. Al-Hiddabi wrote:
I understand now the ADC count, thank to you. I tried [EMAIL PROTECTED]:tmote
and
I do get cleaner messages of the following structure

08 00 00 00 00 00 7E 00 65 7D 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00
08 00 00 00 00 00 7E 00 65 7D 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00
08 00 00 00 00 00 7E 00 65 7D 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00

But this message continues with the same numbers and letters and nothing
change regardless of tmote temperature. When I use the Trawler I notice the
change in the temperature significantly in the graph and the ADC counts. Is
there any difference between what is displayed by the "listen" and what is
plotted by the Trawler? I mean where is the measurements and what bytes the
Trawler is plotting? Is there a different way to look for the Delta message
structure (i.e. different from what is shown above by listen command) what I
should I do?

Regards,

SAIF

I logged this packet that is going to Trawler from Delta and I obtained the
following

1193897839449 Message <MultiHopMsg> [sourceaddr=0x1]
  [originaddr=0x1]
  [seqno=0x6d8]
  [originseqno=0x6d8]
  [ttl=0x0]
  [id=0x21]
  [data=0xde 0x5 0x0 0x0 0xa7 0xb 0x7e 0x0 0x3 0x0 0x7e 0x0 0xff 0xff 0xff
0xff 0x0 0x0 ]

Which bytes representing the temperature measurement in the above packet?

Thanks

SAIF