I responded to this on a different thread also posted by Vijayant that
was very similar to this one.  This one doesnt show that he is trying
to use TOSSIM though.  I assume they are the same problem though....
Here is my response from the other thread.

>From the error I see (make: *** [sim-exe] Error 1), it looks like you
are trying to run this application in TOSSIM.  I'm not sure how much
of the CC2420 stack is supported by TOSSIM, but if you look at the
.platform file for the micaz sim environment (the only one thats
supported for sim at this point), the cc2420 directories that include
the CC2420Packet interface and CC2420PacketC component are not listed.

i.e. compare the files
tos/platforms/micaz/.platform
tos/platforms/micaz/sim/.platform

Kevin

On Dec 2, 2007 2:07 PM, John Griessen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Vijayant Bhatnagar wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I updated all the CC2420* files and dumped in
> > /opt/tinyos-2.x/tos/chips/cc2420/
> > but its not working. What should I do in this case ?  I am getting same kind
> > of errors like "interface has no > command or event named"...
>
> Sounds bad.
>
> I'd start with a fresh checkout of  /opt/tinyos-2.x
> or a cvs update -dPC  to over write bad.  Also notice any ? files and
> remove,
> so you see it's easier to do another checkout.  Overwriting file
> in /opt/tinyos-2.x/tos/chips/cc2420  isn't going to help beginning efforts,
> and it's always good to do a cp -r /opt/tinyos-2.x
> /opt/tinyos-2.x-12dce07 or some such before trying some kind of code
> merging.
>
> I'm at a point where I have learned a little tinyos-style
> and made some apps by merging code
> in with the  /opt/tinyos-2.x tree, and it's getting hard to manage, so
> I'm learning to use Makefile directives like
> CFLAGS += -I$(TOSDIR)/lib/net/ -I$(TOSDIR)/lib/net/ctp  .
>
> With CFLAGS like that, the compiler looks in default places in the
> tinyos-2.x tree plus the extra ones.  That way we can compile code that
> uses the current dir, not have that dir located T2 or contrib code tree,
> and have it use code from
>   T2 and contrib and a local dir we are developing in.
>
> John Griessen
> --
> Ecosensory   Austin TX
> tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1

~Kevin