search this list for advice on "locate-jre" which never seems to
work correctly. That's how the installers usually find java.

Also, I'm not too happy with /usr/bin/java unless it is a link to
something like "...jdk1.5.0_07/bin/java", because one usually has
a specific JDK installed someplace other than bin.

MS

rodolfo de paz wrote:
Hello all,

I have change my OS to Suse Linux 10.3 and when I am trying to install tinyos-1.x I have the following error:

rpm output:
Cannot locate java - is it installed?
error: %post(tinyos-tools-1.1.0-1.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

I don't know where it the problem. I checked the system with the command "type java" and I obtained

java is /usr/bin/java

So it seems to be fine... do you have any idea??

Thanks in advance,

------
Rodolfo

Platform: WinXP/Cygwin