Hi,

I have a test system (TinyOS 2.0/Micaz) which measures the random CCA
backoff in the transmitter once per second with the RadioTimeStamping component. I create channel contention with 5 motes that continuously broadcast
messages. I was able to see from my results that channel congestion
increases the transmission delay for the radio messages (max from 9.9ms
to 23ms).

Now, I employed the RadioBackoff interface to disable CCA and set the
backoff to zero for all outgoing messages (see code below). However,
this has no effect as the mote still reacts to congestion and the
backoff is still the same (measurement results unchanged).
Do you know what mistake I could have made?

        async event void RadioBackoff.requestInitialBackoff(message_t* msg){
                call RadioBackoff.setInitialBackoff(0);
        }
        async event void RadioBackoff.requestCongestionBackoff(message_t* msg){
                call RadioBackoff.setCongestionBackoff(0);
        }
        async event void RadioBackoff.requestCca(message_t* msg){
call RadioBackoff.setCca(FALSE); //disable CCA }

Best for Christmas,

Hauke