> You're right, but fixing it didn't help so I dug deeper and found that
> the ReadStream implementation on the MSP430 is broken.

Bugger.

> So even if I set the usecond period correctly in my program to a large
> value, it gets truncated in this function call. For some reason, GCC
> does not complain.

Indeed, both narrowing and widening conversions are silently accepted in C.
I've wished they weren't several times, myself ;)

What's the proper way to fix this? If there's no (nice) way of supporting
32-bit wide periods on the MSP430, change the ReadStream interface to be
generic on both the sampled type and the width of the period and have the
MSP430 provide a ReadStream<uint16_t, uint16_t>?

Michiel