Hello,

I have several motes collecting data and communicating through the provided
collection and dissemination protocol implementations in the net library.
However, the battery life on these motes is quite poor; they only last for
around a week and half.  I attempted to implement low power listening as shown
in the tutorial, but to no significant gain.

Consequently, I was thinking about tweaking the collection implementation to
see if there was any sort of possible gain.  How is the routing table updated?
Are period messages sent to neighbors? If so, is there a constant or value I
can modify to decrease the frequency of these messages?

I would very much appreciate answers to these questions or other suggestions.

Thanks,
John