On Apr 30, 2008, at 3:52 PM, Matt Welsh wrote:
> OK, this is fine enough, though I guess it means that the net2 WG is
> the gatekeeper for all protocols in TinyOS. It wasn't clear to me
> that this was the case...

Well, I'd hope it's not. net2 is responsible for assigning the IDs,
not necessarily deciding whether a protocol should in in tinyos-2.x;
that would be up to the WG responsible for the code. E.g., as has come
up in the past, one could imagine a working group forming around a
protocol family.

>> Sure. My question was how AM IDs in the reserved range are reclaimed.

I'd think when the code leaves tinyos-2.x? As long as the code is in
the tree, the ID will be needed... so it's up to a WG when to garbage-
collect a protocol it doesn't want to support any more.

Phil