Fernando,

Please make sure that you have read+write permission on /dev/ttyS0.

Janos

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 9:28 AM
To: tinyos-help@millennium.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Tinyos-help] Port Forwarding; JNI

Well, when I try to execute "java net.tinyos.sf.SerialForwarder -port
9002
-comm serial@/dev/ttyS0:mica2 ", the java serial forwarder opens and the
following message appears:
"Could not open /dev/ttyS0: TOSComm JNI library runtime error: open:
Permission denied
serial@/dev/ttyS0:57600 died - restarting".

And when I try to run the same command with sudo (so I can have
permission), the forwarder do not even start, and this message appear:
"The toscomm JNI library was not found.
Check that your tinyos-tools package is installed and try
rerunning tos-install-jni.
Aborting."

I do not understand that, and have no idea of what to do, beacause the
application is apparently working, as it starts correctly when I type
the
command without 'sudo', but when I try with it, so that it would work
correctly, then it just do not even start

Any idea of what to do?

Thanks,
Fernando.