Hi,

I'm facing a similar problem!
My protocol requires a strict time control on when the the packets are
actually transmitted from the base station.
I have programmed by base-station-mote with the BaseStation app in
/$TOSROOT/apps/ folder.
On the PC, my java program uses a the MoteIF class to send the packets
But unfortunately, it takes randomly a value b/w 8 to 25ms for the packets
to be ultimately broadcasted thru radio.
I mean the call to
     MoteIF.send(MoteIF.TOS_BCAST_ADDR, smsg);
in java takes anything b/w 8-25ms to return.

This is causing a lot of problem for me because my application requires fine
timing control
I'm okay with a delay of 20ms but is there any way to remove the randomness
of the time taken?
In other words, is it possible to do something so that there is a FIXED gap
of few ms b/w call to MoteIF.send
and the the commencement of the radio transmission of the packet at the
Base-station mote?

Regards,
Abhishek Anand
IIT Guwahati