Hi,
I am trying to implement the multi hop protocols for which I was implementing
the 'AntiTheft' application. I am able to achieve Dissemination as I can change
the 'interval' via the AntiTheft Gui. But while doing the Collection, it always
gives me the same message whether I send it from TOS_NODE_ID=2 or
TOS_NODE_ID=3. The mote running the Root application has a TOS_NODE_ID=1.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] java]# java net.tinyos.tools.MsgReader AlertMsg
serial@/dev/ttyS0:19200: resynchronising
1214283221026: Message <AlertMsg>
  [stolenId=0x0]

1214283239229: Message <AlertMsg>
  [stolenId=0x0]

1214283249390: Message <AlertMsg>
  [stolenId=0x0]

serial@/dev/ttyS0:19200: resynchronising
Theft of 0
Theft of 0
Theft of 0
Theft of 0

As we can see, it always gives the stolenId as zero but it only gives this once
actually the event happens on the nodes. Has anyone got this problem???? Also
when I am trying to achieve multihop with the application, it does not happen.
This is what I do: I keep NODE=3 outside the range of the 'Root node' and then
plug NODE=2 in between such that NODE=2 acts as a bridge for NODE=3 to get to
the 'Root node'. I am using Chipcon's CC2420DBK which has Atmega-128 and CC2420
with Tinyos-2.0.2 running under cygwin. How can I solve this problem?

I am able to implement 'TestDissemination' application and other applications
doing Dissemination which means that it is working correctly, but I have a very
basic question about 'diddemination'. I wanted to know if it is possible to
disseminate the value from the ROOT ID to a particular NODE-ID, say we want the
BaseStation to change the control parameter of only one particular node, i
think we cant do that in dissemination as it broadcasts to all the nodes, so is
there any protocol in TinyOS to do this kind of networking which does a
multi-hop delivery of data to a particular addressed node.

Cheers,

Varun Jain
R&D Embedded Design Engineer
Spiderbox Pty. Ltd.