On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 5:22 AM, Varun Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to implement the multi hop protocols for which I was
> implementing the 'AntiTheft' application. I am able to achieve Dissemination
> as I can change the 'interval' via the AntiTheft Gui. But while doing the
> Collection, it always gives me the same message whether I send it from
> TOS_NODE_ID=2 or TOS_NODE_ID=3. The mote running the Root application has a
> TOS_NODE_ID=1.

I suggest trying tests/TestNetwork first if you suspect the collection
part is broken.

> As we can see, it always gives the stolenId as zero but it only gives this
> once actually the event happens on the nodes. Has anyone got this
> problem???? Also when I am trying to achieve multihop with the application,
> it does not happen. This is what I do: I keep NODE=3 outside the range of
> the 'Root node' and then plug NODE=2 in between such that NODE=2 acts as a
> bridge for NODE=3 to get to the 'Root node'. I am using Chipcon's CC2420DBK
> which has Atmega-128 and CC2420 with Tinyos-2.0.2 running under cygwin. How
> can I solve this problem?

When you put node 2 between node 1 and node 3, are you sure that node
1 and node 3 do not have the capability (too far) to communicate
directly? CTP will pick, in its opinion, the best routes to the sink.
Even if you have a node in between, it is possible that it is less
costly (ETX) to communicate directly with the root. For example, if
the link between 1 and 3 is still pretty good, it will require about
one transmission while the path through node 2 will require at least
two transmissions. So, CTP might still pick the one hop path.

> I am able to implement 'TestDissemination' application and other
> applications doing Dissemination which means that it is working correctly,
> but I have a very basic question about 'diddemination'. I wanted to know if
> it is possible to disseminate the value from the ROOT ID to a particular
> NODE-ID, say we want the BaseStation to change the control parameter of only
> one particular node, i think we cant do that in dissemination as it
> broadcasts to all the nodes, so is there any protocol in TinyOS to do this
> kind of networking which does a multi-hop delivery of data to a particular
> addressed node.

TyMo. Or you can build a protocol on top of Dissemination.

- om_p