I am preparing the code to make the conversion of the "raw" RSSI value
available in received message (indirectly a reading from ADC INPUT 0 - RSSI
MONITOR). Although, I am developing using T1 (TinyOS 1.x), I read the T2 doc
http://docs.tinyos.net/index.php/Rssi_Demo and noted the same thing I
observed in some examples I saw in the Internet: what are about the battery
reading for each message?

I understood that, according to the manufacturer manual, VRSSI = 'raw
counts' * battery voltage / 1024. So, for me, the correct code must present
a reading of the battery before sending any 'raw RSSI' for conversion.

Also, sometimes, I saw in some codes/messages, a direct use of '3' in the
place of "battery voltage". Reading the schematic of the Mica2, I didn't see
any voltage regulator to make such assumption and I am not sure about this
approach considering the CC1000 data sheet.

So, what I have in mind is to develop the algorithm to send informations to
a certain procedure (internal function for locally conversion or external
program):
 1) First reading: send (battery level, raw RSSI)
 2) Next reading: if the battery level doesn't change according to a certain
threshold, send (raw RSSI)
 3) Next reading: if the battery level does change according to a certain
threshold, send (new battery level, raw RSSI)

Please, I would like to hear if I misunderstood the topic "at all" or, if
not, I would like to hear different solutions or suggestions.

[]s,
Agnelo R. Silva