Hello,

I would like to show that the payload length influences the radio energy
consumption. For example, a 4 byte payload requires less power to be sent than
a 28 byte payload. In order to show it, I use the following scenario:

-Boot.booted: get the data to send and switch the radio on
-start.done:  send the data
-send.done:  stop the radio
-stop.done: start a timer
-timer.fired: start the radio

I have already tested this scenario with Avrora and AEON. But unfortunately,
the radio energy is constant for amount of data between 1 and 10 bytes and then
jumps to another value between 10 and 29 bytes.
I have checked the packet with the -monitors=packets option and observe
padding.

(1) Is this padding specific to this simulator? or to TinyOS ? or both?

(2) Has Power Tossim the same behavior concerning padding?

(3) I foresee to use breakpoints and the energy given by the data sheets to
obtain the consumption from the CPU and the radio. Do you have any advices or
better ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Best regards

DelphineC