Hello, Thanks for your answer. I have found the solution to my problem.I am
using a structure including an array of data and its length is fixed. When I
called AMSend.send(), the last parameter was the length of the structure and
not the size of my payload, which may vary.By modifing it, it works very well
and there is no more padding. Best,DelphineC> Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:51:53
-0800> From: zai...@ee.ucla.edu> To: felodin...@hotmail.com> Subject: Re:
[Tinyos-help] Payload length influence on energy consumption and padding> CC:
tinyos-help@millennium.berkeley.edu> > Hi Delphine,> > Avrora tries to emulate
the behavior of the chips as much as possible.> A Mica2 radio is byte based and
I know of no routine in Avrora that> adds padding bytes. I believe the padding
comes from TinyOS's packet> management. Try changing the value of
TOSH_DATA_LENGTH in> tos/types/message.h to see the effect on padding.> >
Zainul.> > On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 1:02 PM, delphine christin>
<felodin...@hotmail.com> wrote:> > Hello,> >> >> > I would like to show that
the payload length influences the radio energy> > consumption. For example, a 4
byte payload requires less power to be sent> > than a 28 byte payload. In order
to show it, I use the following scenario:> >> > -Boot.booted: get the data to
send and switch the radio on> > -start.done: send the data> > -send.done: stop
the radio> > -stop.done: start a timer> > -timer.fired: start the radio> >> > I
have already tested this scenario with Avrora and AEON. But unfortunately,> >
the radio energy is constant for amount of data between 1 and 10 bytes and> >
then jumps to another value between 10 and 29 bytes.> > I have checked the
packet with the -monitors=packets option and observe> > padding.> >> > (1) Is
this padding specific to this simulator? or to TinyOS ? or both?> >> > (2) Has
Power Tossim the same behavior concerning padding?> >> > (3) I foresee to use
breakpoints and the energy given by the data sheets to> > obtain the
consumption from the CPU and the radio. Do you have any advices> > or better
ideas?> >> > Thanks a lot in advance,> >> > Best regards> >> > DelphineC> >> >
________________________________> > Votre correspondant a choisi Hotmail et
profite d'un stockage quasiment> > illimité. Créez un compte Hotmail

Souhaitez vous  « être au bureau sans y être » ? Oui je le veux !