Hi!

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Avinash Sridharan wrote:

Dear Razvan,
I am using Tiny OS-2.0.2, I wanted to follow up on this question. I
have enabled software ACK in my system and see quite a few false
positives (for topologies with link qualities as bad as 30%). My guess
is that though the CRC is failing, the CRC field is not checked before
the complete packet is read. While the software acknowledgment is sent
out the minute the header information is read (which could still be
correct though the data is corrupted).  Please correct me if my
description of the behavior of software acknowledgment is not exact.

The specs [1] (page 42, first paragraph after Figure 23) says that SACK and SACKPEND will not generate an ACK if the CRC is not valid. So the current implementation should work properly.

[1] http://www.ti.com/lit/gpn/cc2420

--
Razvan ME

Given my above description is correct, just to see if I can see any
reduction in the number of false positive ACK's I wanted to move the
software acknowledgment to be generated after performing the CRC test.

I was planning to modify the current code from :
if ( ( buf[ rxFrameLength ] >> 7 ) && rx_buf ) {
       uint8_t type = ( header->fcf >> IEEE154_FCF_FRAME_TYPE ) & 7;
       signal CC2420Receive.receive( type, m_p_rx_buf );
       if ( type == IEEE154_TYPE_DATA ) {
         post receiveDone_task();
         return;
       }
     }

to ------

if ( ( buf[ rxFrameLength ] >> 7 ) && rx_buf ) {
       uint8_t type = ( header->fcf >> IEEE154_FCF_FRAME_TYPE ) & 7;
       signal CC2420Receive.receive( type, m_p_rx_buf );
       if ( type == IEEE154_TYPE_DATA ) {
          call CSN.set();
         call CSN.clr();
         call SACK.strobe();
         call CSN.set();
         call CSN.clr();

         post receiveDone_task();
         return;
       }
     }

Of course I will turn of the current initiation of software
acknowledgment.   Wanted your feedback on these code changes.

Thanks and regards,
Avinash