Hi Phil,
 Thanks for the explanation. That was quite helpful. I agree with your
explanation. I agree that to have perfect reliability we have to
implement end-to-end reliability (or at least network layer
reliability). I do not have the exact numbers for the  false
acknowledgment rates, but at high data rates was starting to see
around 10-20% of packets failing to make it through. Hence was trying
to  see if I can improve the reliability at the MAC layer. The only
problem with implementing acknowledgments at the network layer is that
it will introduce latency and also consume capacity (since the data
packets are slightly larger). Hence was trying to take the shorter
route by improving reliability at the MAC layer (without much success
though :) ).

I also wasn't aware of the limitation caused by the DSN bits in the
ACK's, in a dense deployment this can definitely cause problems.
Thanks again for your explanation.

regards,
Aviansh

--