Peng,

bsl states the port you want to send your bin file to (in oher words which
mote you want to program).
Read here: http://docs.tinyos.net/index.php/Getting_Started_with_TinyOS

Use "make tmote blip install*,<ID>* bsl,/dev/ttyUSB1" to state the ID.
For instance "make tmote blip install*,5* bsl,/dev/ttyUSB1" to specify the
ID.

Arik

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 23:09, <p...@dcs.bbk.ac.uk> wrote:

> Thanks Kevin,
>
> This indeed solve the problem of selecting specific devices. However
> there are some other problems:
>
> 1.
> My previous command was based on the blip tutorial:
>
> http://docs.tinyos.net/index.php/BLIP_Tutorial#Step_1:_Install_an_Edge_Router
>
> Why didn't it work? And what does bsl mean and exactly do here?
>
> 2.
> How can I specify the device ID? Because after I programmed both motes
> at USB1 and USB2, I end up having 2 motes with the same ID (and hence
> same IPv6 address in my case).
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peng
>

> Quoting Kevin Klues <klue...@gmail.com>:
>
> > Th command is "make tmote blip install bsl,/dev/ttyUSB1"
> >
> > Kevin
> >
> > On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 3:42 AM,  <p...@dcs.bbk.ac.uk> wrote:
> >> Thanks for your reply.
> >>
> >> For example, when I tried to run "make tmote blip install
> >> /dev/ttyUSB1" it ignores the device I specified and it is always
> >> /dev/ttyUSB0 that ends up programmed.

> about

> > --
> > ~Kevin