you should not read localtime directly in sendDone() or receive() events.
instead, use the PacketTimeStamp interface to access the timestamp directly.
see apps/tests/TestFTSP for an example how to wire the interface.

the frequency of sync msgs is controlled by TIMESYNC_RATE environmental
variable. it is already set to 3 seconds in the test application, which
should synchronize all nodes after 9 seconds...

brano