I'm a newbie TinyOs programmer and i'm searching advice/help to use
CSMA/CA under IRIS.

I need a low packet loss to track continuos data from sensors.
I've seen on AT86RF230 chip manual that i need to use Extended
Operating Mode , that i need to initialize registers 0x2C (XAH_CTRL)
,0x2D (CSMA_SEED_0) ,0x2E (CSMA_SEED_1).
On TinyOs source code (2.1.1) i made the (hoped) according modifications :

DEFINEd in RF230DriverLayer.h Extended Operating Mode by RF230_HARDWARE_ACK

In RF230DriverHwAckP.nc I wrote in the three registers values
according with the chip manual , by the way i found   XAH_CTRL and
CSMA_SEED_0 initialized to 0 and no trace of initialition of
CSMA_SEED_1

in this way  (btw chip reset value)

               uint8_t CSMA_retry = 56;
               uint8_t CSMA_seed_init = 194;
               uint8_t CSMA_seed_0init = 234
               .
               .
               .
               writeRegister(RF230_XAH_CTRL, CSMA_retry);
               writeRegister(RF230_CSMA_SEED_0, CSMA_seed_0init);
               writeRegister(RF230_CSMA_SEED_1, CSMA_seed_init);

Recompiled, flashed  , no improvements , packet loss levels are the
same than before.

Am i doing well or i just making some errors?

thanks for any advice

Giancarlo