On Nov 17, 2010, at 4:45 PM, Morten Tranberg Hansen wrote:

> Hi Om,
>
> I've always wondered why CTP does not report arrived messages and received
> beacons.  Over time I've found these events very useful when debugging CTP.
>
> Is there a reason for not reporting these events?  If not, see proposed
> changes below.

It does not log receive() for data messages because the event is redundant: if
the node is a root and receives a data packet, it signals receive().

It does not log received beacons because, in dense networks, received beacon
events can overload the logging system's throughput and lead to lots of lost
log messages.

Phil