Can someone please tell me why the initial backoff and congestion backoff
values are defined in two places??!! One in CC2420CsmaP.nc and again in
DefaultLplP.nc. The hx values used in the calculations in both places are
different. What does this mean?

In CC2420CsmaP.nc (lines 216 to 229)

 /***************** SubBackoff Events ****************/
  async event void SubBackoff.requestInitialBackoff(message_t *msg) {
    call SubBackoff.setInitialBackoff ( call Random.rand16()
        % (0x1F * CC2420_BACKOFF_PERIOD) + CC2420_MIN_BACKOFF);

    signal RadioBackoff.requestInitialBackoff(msg);
  }

  async event void SubBackoff.requestCongestionBackoff(message_t *msg) {
    call SubBackoff.setCongestionBackoff( call Random.rand16()
        % (0x7 * CC2420_BACKOFF_PERIOD) + CC2420_MIN_BACKOFF);

    signal RadioBackoff.requestCongestionBackoff(msg);
  }

In DefaultLplP.nc (lines 316 to 330)
  /***************** RadioBackoff Events ****************/
  async event void RadioBackoff.requestInitialBackoff(message_t *msg) {
 //[am_id_t amId](message_t *msg) {
    if((call CC2420PacketBody.getMetadata(msg))->rxInterval
        > ONE_MESSAGE) {
      call RadioBackoff.setInitialBackoff( call Random.rand16()
/*[amId]( call Random.rand16() */
          % (0x4 * CC2420_BACKOFF_PERIOD) + CC2420_MIN_BACKOFF);
    }
  }

  async event void RadioBackoff.requestCongestionBackoff(message_t *msg) {
    //[am_id_t amId](message_t *msg) {
    if((call CC2420PacketBody.getMetadata(msg))->rxInterval
        > ONE_MESSAGE) {
      call RadioBackoff.setCongestionBackoff ( call Random.rand16()
/**[amId]( call Random.rand16()*/
          % (0x3 * CC2420_BACKOFF_PERIOD) + CC2420_MIN_BACKOFF);
    }
  }

--Deeksha

--Deeksha