Hi there,

I've started using CTP+LPL in a project (thanks for the earlier
suggestion), and have a few questions about the network behavior when
the basestation mote is offline/unavailable.

(in this mail, I assume a very basic setup, where the motes can
normally all reach the basestation directly over CTP).

Also, I'm using the official TinyOS 2.1.1 release, installed from the deb files.

Basically I have these queries:

1. CTP send timeout length:

If you send a packet over CTP, but the basestation is off, the "sent"
event never seems to fire (even with an error/timeout code). Or
rather, sometimes it does, but not other times.

Will the "send" eventually timeout, or will the mote eternally be in a
"trying to send" state, without calling any event code in the app?

If there is an eventual send timeout, then how long is it, and where
can it be configured?

2. Cancelling CTP send:

If for instance you're trying to send data over CTP from sensors, but
your data is out of date (basestation off for a long time), or your
sensor changes it's mind about wanting to send - is there a way to
cancel an existing "in progress" send?

I don't see an interface for this. Would stopping and starting the
radio, and the collect engines achieve the same thing?

(at the moment: I'm assuming that if the mote has been offline for a
long time, that the first received packet's sensor data should be
ignored, due to likely being very out of date).

3. Updating the packet being sent.

Alternately - if the CTP algorithm is taking a long time to send the
packet (basestation is off for a long time), is it safe to update the
not-yet-sent payload with newer details? (probably not safe, but just
checking).

4. Time for CTP network to re-establish.

If the motes are unable to contact the basestation for a long time
(eg: hours/days), but then later the basestation becomes available -
then how long typically would it take for the network to re-establish,
and for data to start coming through from the sensors?

Thanks for your time,

David.