Hi Matthew,

RSSI is a measure af the signal strength with respect to a received message,
so it is highly subject to disturb coming from other objects/people. This
implies a quite unpredictable fluctuation which can be faced only updating
regularly (2/3 times per second) the RSSI samples. You will need N nodes
called anchors with known positions, which exchange messages in order to
estimate the relationship between RSSI and distance in a given time instant.
Then you will use this relationship to convert the RSSI sampled by the
moving node (target node) to estimate the distance between itself and a
given number of anchors. Finally, triangulation or other geometric methods
can help you to estimate the target's coordinates.
You should search in literature for "RSSI WSN localization".

Hope this helps,
Marco