On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 12:06 AM, antonio rosa <
antoniorosarodrig...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> I think that put parallel networks on different radio channels is better
> because it avoids collisions , but if you only use the  radio channel, it is
> not scalable (15 different networks) solution

I see your point.   And this would certainly be true if you put the networks
in the same propagation area.   But why would you do that?

To handle the scaling of 15 channels for a large deployment one would have
to design the propagation field and use frequency hopping.   The problem
then become additional cost because special node would be needed to bridge
the different frequencies together.

Scaling a network that has increasing collisions as the scale goes up (which
would be the  case if one were using group id and as more node were added)
doesn't scale in a different way.  And as the collisions and retransmissions
go up so does power consumption.    You end up with a deployment where the
nodes burn their power because of excessive retransmissions and collisions.

At least with designing the propagation and frequency use pattern you have a
reasonable chance.

and you need other field (with field Group, you can have 256 networks for
> each radio channel)

I still don't see the use given actual deployment  problems and it adds
complexity.

But if one is going to use it, it should be implemented properly.

I just see how it is worth the effort.

eric

--
Eric B. Decker