Its not a problem with timing as I first expected. Instead is seems to be a
problem with acknowledgements. By listening to the channel I saw 3
retransmissions of all the ping packages. Strange because the smaller once
seem to be received by both ends. But looking in "event void
BareSend.sendDone(message_t *msg, error_t error)" in IPDispatchP and
checking if the packages where acked or not none of them were. Resulting in
3 retransmissions. The packages that were not fragmented were received ok,
even tho multiple copies were sent and received. But the once that needed
fragmentation were not sent completely because after the first fragmentation
the PacketLink layer indicated that the first fragment was not received and
the complete packet was dropped. By removing the PacketLink.wasDelivered if
statement fragmentation started to work and by only trying to send one copy
speeded up transmissions.

So one question is; Do you use any define for the RF212 chip that made
fragmentation work for you? Because if Im using the same code as you
fragmentation should work for me to without changes.

But now I'm atleast on the same level as you. I can ping OK up to around 400
bytes after that I'm experiencing the same behaviour as you are.

Hopefully Ill have some time over for this next week, but for now I will
atleast manage to send packages that I need.

/Henrik