my project topic is  multi hope routing on iris mote using tinyos

   i have installed tinyos and cygwin. but i couldn't set the "PATH"  for
   environmental variables. so i am having problems in makerule and other
   commands.
   someone told me that i can set the path by invoking .bash_profile
   file. but i couldn't find it. finally i created a text file named
   ".bash_profile" in tinyos folder.
   the content of the .bash profile is
   export TOSROOT=/opt/tinyos-2.x
   export TOSDIR=$TOSROOT/tos
   export CLASSPATH=`cygpath -w $TOSROOT/support/sdk/java`
   export CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH;."
   export MAKERULES=$TOSROOT/support/make/Makerules
   export PATH=/opt/msp430/bin:/opt/jflashmm:$TOSROOT/tools_bin/bin:$PATH
   but still i am not getting how to run or invoke  this file.