From: Michael Schippling [mailto:sc...@santafe.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 9:08 AM
To: Modi, Jenis Ashokkumar
Cc: tinyos-help@millennium.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Tinyos-help] Error while running net.tinyos.tools.Listen -- URGENT

It's a little unclear, but I'm going to assume that your point 2 means
that you have installed Basestation on the mica2 that is plugged into
the host computer. And further that you are seeing leds blink as one
would hope...

Then, the error you are getting indicates that Listen is expecting to
connect to a network port, usually the SerialForwarder. This is the
default behavior, but I always recommend just forgetting about SF and
going direct, as it were. To connect Listen to the actual input port
you need to set use something like "-comm serial@COM1:mica2" where
COM1 is the I/O port your mica2 is plugged into. You can also
set the same string in a MOTECOM environment variable and not have
to bother with it on the command line.

Probably searching for MOTECOM will turn up some better advice.

MS