Hi again :-),

"make install" compiles the source into the binary form, then modifies
the binary form to alter the value of some variables containing the
nodeID, and then programs the binary to the mote (erasing a previous
program).

"make reinstall" just alters the nodeID values in the binary and then
programs the binary to the mote (again erasing a previous program). It
is supposed to be faster than "make install" but only works if "make
isntall" was executed previously.

I guess the tutorial must be referring to installing the same program to
multiple motes with different nodeIDs each time.

Cheers,
Urs