Hi Baudry,
 I faced this problem before with TestSerial when I was following tinyos
tutorial
http://docs.tinyos.net/tinywiki/index.php/Mote-PC_serial_communication_and_SerialForwarder
http://docs.tinyos.net/tinywiki/index.php/Mote-PC_serial_communication_and_SerialForwarder

Anyway, the solution should be one of these or all of them:
1- In tinyos.sh file CLASSPATH sould be looks like this:
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$TOSROOT/support/sdk/java/tinyos.jar
It's so important to end with tinyos.jar, while xubuntos image doesn't
include it.

2- Edit ~./bashrc (mousepad ~./bashrc) be sure that this line included
source /opt/tinyos-2.1.0/tinyos.sh
(this line important to configure user environment to enable tinyos-2.1.0).

3- Run command java while you are in your program directory, e.g. if you
tried TestSerial program you should run java command while you are in
/opt/tinyos-2.1.0/apps/tests/TestSerial, why?
because java tools (Listener) need your program message message format which
should be generated while you make telosb.

I recommend you read this tutorial carefully before you try to run it.
http://docs.tinyos.net/tinywiki/index.php/Mote-PC_serial_communication_and_SerialForwarder
http://docs.tinyos.net/tinywiki/index.php/Mote-PC_serial_communication_and_SerialForwarder

 I hope it helps :)