The tutorials may help in "understanding" this, but...

There should be a "config" file, in TOS1 mine is Oscilloscope.nc

It has these lines:
  components Main, ...., DemoSensorC as Sensor, ....

   OscilloscopeM.SensorControl -> Sensor;
   OscilloscopeM.ADC -> Sensor;

Then you need to dig through the ratholes of platform directories
to find _which_ DemoSensorC file is being used. Sometimes doing
"make tmote docs" will generate some nice diagrams, but they are
about as hard to decipher as the directory structure itself. The
DemoSensorC I found for tmotes, again in the last T1 release, is:
     ....\tos\platform\msp430\DemoSensorC.nc
and it uses "InternalTemp" as it's sensor...

The Oscope supplied with moteiv -- the original commercial tmote
-- uses a set of sensors, none of which is Light...

MS