Hi,
I fixed the connection, i was wrongly connecting the USB plug (mote-side) into
the iMote2 mainboard, where it shoulb be plugged into the IIB2400 port mounting
on the iMote2's mainboard.
BUT....
it seems that only the PC can  send to the mote and the mote can't send back
,also the leds are not blinking !  following is the output:

mashal@ubuntu:/opt/tinyos-2.1.1/apps/tests/TestSerial$     java TestSerial
-comm serial@/dev/ttyUSB1:intelmote2

serial@/dev/ttyUSB1:115200: resynchronising
Sending packet 0
Sending packet 1
Sending packet 2
Sending packet 3
Sending packet 4
Sending packet 5
Sending packet 6
Sending packet 7
Sending packet 8
Sending packet 9
Sending packet 10
Sending packet 11
Sending packet 12
Sending packet 13

where as the output is supposed to be (according th the tutorials) as follows :
Sending packet 1 Received packet sequence number 4 Sending packet 2
Received packet sequence number 5
Sending packet 3
Received packet sequence number 6
Sending packet 4
Received packet sequence number 7
Received packet sequence number 8
Sending packet 5
Received packet sequence number 9
Sending packet 6

i hope there is someone who knows/guesses about this case .

Thanks.

Mash'al