I'am currently using 2.1.2 rc1 tag from svn on ubuntu with msp430-gcc
4.5.3 compiler. When I try to use any application with cc2420x extra on
my telosb everything compiles but then the application does not start
(boot.booted never called). I faced this issue on TestNetworkLpl and
RadioCountToLeds.
I plugged the JTAG and compiled RadioCountToLeds app with -O0 . It seems
that the problem appears in CC2420XDriverLayerP.nc during SoftwareInit.init:
At the end of the function there is a call SpiResource.request() that,
when granted calls the initRadio function. This function calls on its
turn resetRadio() which writes on IOCFG0 register of CC2420.
The writeRegister function fails on "status.value = call
FastSpiByte.splitRead()" in the sense that it loops forever in
Msp430SpiNoDMAP.nc in a while(! call Usart.isRxPending()) .
I commented the content of the resetRadio() function in
CC2420XDriverLayerP and at least the mote boots (but of course the radio
does not work).
Am I the only one having this issue? Am I missing something when using
the cc2420x stack?

p.s. I opened an issue (#116) on tinyos google project but unfortunately
nobody replied

--
Ugo Maria Colesanti
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica