Hi all,

I've been trying to test the Bluetooth connection with my shimmer mote but
I failed to make it run the Bluetooth test program downloaded from
http://tinyos.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tinyos/tinyos-2.x-contrib/shimmer/swtest/Bluetooth/
.

My steps (on Ubuntu 12.04):

1. Download and compile the tinyos program using
make shimmer2 install bsl,/dev/ttyUSB0

2. Run minicom on /dev/rfcomm0 and I got nothing on the screen of minicom.

The weird thing is that if I programmed the shimmer mote with the
predefined Bootstrap program provided by Shimmer-Research and use
ShimmerConnect to connect and visualize the sensor data, it works ?!

My question is why shimmer sensor's Bluetooth service does not work with
the Bluetooth test program? Does ShimmerConnect do anything special that I
do not in my steps?

My interest in getting the Bluetooth test work is that I want to collect
the data in real time. With ShimmerConnect, I can't do that.

Hope that my message is clear, and hope that someone can help me out of
this problem. Thank you.

Ha Dang.