Hi,

Thanks Mike pour your reply.

> As a sanity check I've just tested the Bluetooth test app that you point
> to, built with the latest TinyOS main tree from googlecode, and
> connecting to it using minicom, and it works as expected for me.

That's why I said "it's weird that it does not work for me".

> When you say you test the same shimmer with the BoilerPlate app and
> ShimmerConnect, are you doing it on the same machine (in the same OS)?

For BoilerPlate, I installed it on the shimmer on Windows using the
software provided on the Shimmer-research site web. With ShimmerConnect, I
tested on Windwos then on Linux (FYI: on Linux, I use mono to run
ShimmerConnect app). It works in both OS.

And I talked about BoilerPlate and ShimmerConnect because I can make this
work on bluetooth connection but the simple Bluetooth test does not work.
There seems to be nothing special in bluetooth configuration on
ShimmerConnect than on Bluetooth test, then why the former works and the
latter does not ?!

> I.e. to confirm that the MAC address of the desired shimmer is in fact
> bound to /dev/rfcomm0 correctly? E.g.
>
>> sudo rfcomm bind 0 00:06:66:43:B7:71

Yes, I got this on my machine when running rfcomm command:

rfcomm0: 4C:ED:DE:70:58:8B -> 00:06:66:42:20:81 channel 1 connected
[reuse-dlc tty-attached]

> Are you invoking minicom correctly? I run the following command to get it
> to work:
>
>> minicom -w -D /dev/rfcomm0

Yes, also done that. What I get on the screen of minicom is:

========================
Welcome to minicom 2.5

Compiled on May  2 2011, 10:05:24.
Port /dev/rfcomm0

Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

 ========================
and the cursor on the screen keeps blinking, like, forerver :D
When I click the power button on the shimmer, on minicom screen, a string
of "$$$" appears.

> ShimmerConnect does not do anything special to connect (it does send the
> "start streaming" command to start the data flowing, but that is specific
> to BoilerPlate and is not needed for the Bluetooth test app).

Yeah, I said that to me too, except that I can't make the Bluetooth thing
work for me so I was a bit desperate :p.

Beside, I tried to track the Bluetooth app, and it seems that the app
failed to establish the connection to my computer. The green led never wake
up (i.e. set on) as it is indicated in the code of Bluetooth example

########################
  async event void Bluetooth.connectionMade(uint8_t status) {
    call Leds.led2On();

    call activityTimer.startPeriodic(1000);
  }
########################

 |  Besides, the source code for ShimmerConnect is available on request
from i...@shimmer-research.com, so you can easily go poking through it to
confirm this for yourself.

Yeah, maybe I should try this. Thanks for the information.

> I don't understand what you mean when you say that ShimmerConnect does
> not collect data in real time. From experience you are going to struggle to
> get data any more "real time" than supplied by the BoilerPlate app (and
> displayed by ShimmerConnect, or read by the shimmer-research Matlab,
> Labview or Android libraries).

What I meant is that with ShimmerConnect, the collected data can be stored
in a csv file and/or visualized on the ShimmerConnect GUI. What I need is
to get those data in realtime to feed another program of mine. Getting data
from the csv file is not a solution.

> Mike

Thank you Mike.

I'll write the shimmer-research for the code source of ShimmerConnect, and
in the mean time mine a litle deeper in the tinyos documentation to see if
I miss something...

Have a nice day,

Ha.