Hi Janos,

I really appreciate your invaluable clarification. Still a few questions in
line.

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Janos Sallai <sal...@isis.vanderbilt.edu>wrote:

> Xiaohui:
>

> > (1) What if a frame fails address recognition and is automatically
> flushed? How is this case handled?
> I avoided this problem by doing the address recognition in software, so
> there's no automatic flushing. The only thing the driver does is it signals
> RadioReceive.header(rxMsg), the return value of which decides whether to
> keep the message or discard it.

Are you aware of any case other than failing address recognition that will
cause CC2420 to discard a frame? If not, problem (2) (see
here<http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/50335/how-to-timestamp-packets-with-cc2420-and-msp430f1611>)
seems gone if address recognition is disabled. What about problem (1)? How
is it handled in CC2420X?

> Regarding your question about the code in *readLengthFromRxFifo* after
> reading the length byte: the FastSpi interface groups a SPI read operation
> with the write operation of the following SPI byte transfer, so we don't
> need to block on a flag/interrupt to wait for completion. In this
> particular function, we initiate the next operation after reading the
> length byte. This is done for efficiency.

Is is necessary for SPI to be faster than packet reception for CC2420X's
timestamping mechanism to work correctly? Or it is just of performance
concern?

--
-Xiaohui Liu
TelosB