Xiaohiu:

Please see my answers below.

Janos

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Xiaohui Liu <xiao...@wayne.edu> wrote:

> Hi Janos,
>
> (1) SFD capture is disabled during both transmission and reception. Does
> CC2420x timestamping still work if it is enabled?

There are some weird edge cases that we want to avoid. For instance, we
might receive a message after we call send() but before we actually issue
the STXON strobe that puts the radio chip into send mode.
I suggest that you don't change that logic unless you understand what
you're doing. Otherwise you risk breaking the whole radio stack, not just
timestamping.

(2) What is *Tasklet* for? If it is used to make code async, then why not
> just use function call directly? That is, to replace *Tasklet.schedule()* with
> what is inside *Tasklet.run() {}*.

It's like tasks, but are executed in interrupt context, piggybacking on the
interrupt handler routines. The define TASKLET_IS_TASK=1 replaces them with
regular tasks.

> (3) What is keyword *spi_atomic*?

I might just left it in there. It resolves to an empty string. (see #define
spi_atomic in the beginning of the file).