Hi all,

I am trying to measure the message delay on Telosb platform and now
comparing the CC2420 stack with CC2420X stack. Below are the two Histograms
showing the delay spread of Cc2420 and CC2420X stacks respectively. The
experiment is perfromed for around 1 hr at the same time using two
different frequency channels.
 For CC2420X I have used the TimeSyncAMSend<TMicro,uint32_t> interface and
have calculated the delay at the receiver end as

delay = call LocalTimeMicro.get() - call TimeSyncPacket.eventTime(msg)

and for CC2420 Stack, I have used  TimeSyncAMSend with Milli sec precision
and have calculated the delay as :

delay = call LocalTimeMilli.get() - call TimeSyncPacket.eventTime(msg)

in case of CC2420 stack CCA is disabled and for CC2420X stack, I have
changed RandomCollisionConfig implementatoin in CC2420XRadioP module in
such a way that all types of backoff values ( Initial, minimum and
congestion) are now just RADIO_ALARM_MICROSEC value (because I couldn't
find a direct way to disable it).

Now, what I observe is a bit interesting since the two histograms show a
completely different delay behaviors, ie. with the Cc2420X stack the delay
ranges between 1 to 13ms, but with CC2420X stack the delay goes from 70ms
to 150ms. Is this also what any of you experience or is there something I
am missing here?

here are the histograms:

http://s14.postimage.org/55bs7ni0x/Telosb_CC2420x.png

http://s8.postimage.org/8paur8s6d/Telosb_CC2420.png