On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 1:31 AM, Philip Levis <p...@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

> Lei,
>
> I've encountered this problem too. I'm not sure why Eric's packages
> stopped passing verification. The simple workaround is to install them with
> --allow-unauthenticated.

The hard disk on tinyprod.net crashed.

and worse the backup was corrupted.     The problem with the verification
is that what was restored was also corrupt.   I have since moved everything
out of the way.

I have been trying to recreate the repository from scratch but 1) I forgot
how to do it (its been several years) and am relearning how to build
everything, 2) I've been travelling so haven't had my usual systems
avalable to me and 3) the repository and packages were built on Debian 6
(Squeeze) and that is rather dated at this point which presents its own set
of problems.

So it has taken way longer than I would have liked.

Sorry about that.

eric

> Phil
>

> On Apr 17, 2014, at 8:25 AM, Lei Chen <lc...@york.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > Dear everyone,
> >
> > I'm new here and I'm a PhD student in University of York. Currently, I'm
> experiencing difficulties when installing TinyOS in Ubuntu 12.04LTS. The
> problem is that the terminal shows me the error (The following signatures
> couldn't be verified because the public key is not vailable: NO_PUBKEY
> BD4DDD22F99BE531). I've followed the key installation procedure that Eric
> Decker listed in "http://tinyprod.net/repos/debian/";. However, it still
> does't work.
> >
> > This is not the first time I install TinyOS in Ubuntu. Previous
> installation went smoothly without problem if I follow the guide. However,
> I tried several times recently and none of them work for me.
> >
> > May I ask for some help from you in this situation?
> >
> > Looking forward to hear any of you soon.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Lei Chen
> >
> > Disclaimer: http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm

Eric B. Decker