I am sorry for not explain this problem clearly. The paper is:
Guy Martin Tchamgoue, Kyong Hoon Kim, Yong-Kee Jun: Verification of Data Races in Concurrent Interrupt Handlers. IJDSN 2013 (2013).

I try to find the word "TOSH_SIGNAL" and find that the timer fired event is an interrupt (correct or not?), but the Timer.fire() is not an async event (I do not find the declaration of Timer.fired() event with keyword "async" in the RadioCountToLeds example). Is this means
the interrupt handler can execute the events which are not async events ?